Well, I have to chuckle as I looked at the description of my blog. I say my purpose is to collect my thoughts on homeschooling, childrearing, etc. Apparently I don’t have many thoughts since I’ve let another 7 months go by and I haven’t written anything
We finished our last “official” day for the school year today. All we did was math, listen to one chapter in Story of the World Part III and finish a map of Africa. But I like to kind of wind down. I feel like we actually learned a whole lot this year even with our little blessing coming in mid-October.
Here is a list of things I’ve learned this year.
- Begin my day with prayer.
- Begin our school day with prayer.
- I must guard against my tendency to just check things off instead of encouraging learning.
- I need to incorporate more projects into our learning.
- Schedules and routines are a good thing.
- Don’t let the schedule rule my life.
- Chores worked well this year. I need to give the kids more for next year.
We’re going to take a couple of weeks off. I do hope to continue with math periodically over the summer. I would also like to finish our history book. We have 6 more chapters.
By Kristen H.