I can’t believe that January is already gone! I set some goals for myself for this year and I think it would be a good idea to share how I’m doing with them. Hopefully it will encourage me to keep trying.
I broke my goals up into categories.
Here are my ongoing goals.
1. Continue with daily Bible reading. I am so excited to report, that I made the goal to read the New Testament during the month of December, and I have almost completed that goal!
2. Focus on scripture memory with daily practice using Scripture Typer. I have recently started using ScriptureTyper.com and it is a fantastic way for me to study and review.
1. I did a much less challenging Bible reading plan for the month of January. I read through the book of Proverbs. But I did do that and also frequently read Spurgeon’s Morning and Evening Devotions and Daily Light. I am happy to report that good habit has continued. I heard about Professor Horner’s intriguing Bible reading plan in December. I thought about starting it with the new year, but decided not to jump into anything that had so much reading. But it keeps coming to my mind. So my goal for February is to try 1 month of the plan. (OK, starting February 3.)
2. I did well with Scripture Typer for a few days. But due to cutting back on my computer time, it was something that wasn’t making the cut with my new computer hours. I also received a book on memorizing the Book of Galatians, so that will be my scripture memory focus for a while.
1. Get children started on schoolwork before 9 am. Enforce the use of the checklist for the younger students.
1. We’ve done pretty well with this for the most part. We haven’t always started before 9 am, but the younger kids are getting their school work done and we’ve paid more attention to the checklist. This month I am going to making sure we do science and geography lessons as well.
1. Start a consistent exercise routine. I have learned from experience, that the only way I can get this to work is to get up early and go to the Y. So in order to do that I need to….
2. Get to bed on time!
3. Continue looking at ways to improve our family’s eating habits. Continue researching how to implement a gluten-free diet with tentative plans to begin a trial during February and March.
1. I have exercised some during January. But I didn’t get myself back to the Y. I was hoping to use the time I was there for my kids’ swimming lessons to work out, but unfortunately I had to remain poolside. My goal for February is to go to the Y twice per week and to exercise at least 1 additional time.
2. Doing ok with this goal. I’m not much of a night owl anyway, but since I haven’t been getting up early to exercise it hasn’t been an issue.
3. I have looked a little more at the gluten free. I cannot implement in February though because of food budget issues. I will hope for March.
1. Block out specific, focused times of day to complete work tasks for SchoolhouseTeachers.com.
2. Publish 3 blog posts per week.
1. This is working marvelously. I have implemented “no computer” times and it has made a tremendous difference in how I’m spending my time. More on this to come!
2. Umm. No. Haven’t come close to that one. I will keep that goal for February.
By Kristen H.